Organizing people together shouldn’t be hard, even for public events. Luckily allcal makes that possible by letting users create and publish Public Calendars that everyone can see and download.
So for example, you are a group planner and want more people to know about your weekly Bookworms’ Book Club meeting. By creating a Public Calendar on our free app, anyone searching for related events could find out when and where you’re having the next meeting. The calendar even helps current book club members, by giving them an easy way to share the events with others and keep up with last-minute changes. Organizing your calendar is easier than ever!
How To Create a Public Calendar:
1. Create a Public Calendar by tapping the Main Menu icon (the three horizontal lines) in the upper left hand corner.
2. Tap on Add calendar.
3. Make your Public Calendar unique by adding a title, description, color, and cover photo. Make sure to select Public under the Calendar Type section.
- You can also choose what sort of permissions you want to give each new person who joins your calendar. This allows you to decide who exactly can share or edit events within your group.
3. When you’re done, tap the Save button.
The Public Calendar can now be found in your My Calendars section.
Now you can start adding your public events, complete with name, description, time, date, time zone, and location.
- Open up the public calendar from the My Calendars section.
- Add events by tapping the plus icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Enter the event name, description, start/end time, location, and set it to repeat or add a reminder for it (optional).
- Tap the save button across from the event title once you are done.
The events will now show up on your Public Calendar.
You can also share public calendars – here’s how
- Open up the public calendar from the My Calendars screen.
- Tap on the Calendar Settings icon (the three dots) across from the calendar name.
- Tap on the Calendar Sharing section.
- Enter the name or email of each group member to share the calendar.
Each shared user will receive a notice asking if they want to accept the calendar share. By tapping YES, the calendar will immediately be visible on their My Calendars screen.
Once your calendar goes public, anyone can easily add it to their own set of calendars and stay up-to-date on every event. Download the allcal app and start organizing and growing your group today!
Leave a Reply