It’s Monday. And just like every other Monday, your schedule is jam-packed with business meetings, errands, and your daughter’s dance practice.
Each thing on your schedule comes from a different place – your boss, your family, and the dance studio. To keep track of it all, you must individually input each and every event into your personal calendar.
Frankly, that’s a waste of time. So our team figured out a better way to help you manage your busy schedule wherever you go – and it’s called Allcal.
How does it work?
Allcal lets you get down to business and share your personal calendar with others, giving them the ability to add events directly to your calendar. After downloading the free allcal app and creating an account, you can share your personal schedule with anyone, letting them add events directly on your calendar.
Instead of individually inputting each event, meeting, or appointment, you can simply open your calendar to see exactly what you have going on every day. You can even link the event to other people’s calendars, saving them time on inputting as well!
Just because someone can add events to your calendar, doesn’t mean they can see what you have going on. You decide exactly what each person can do on your calendar, so you never share more than you want to.
For example, you may want your spouse to see what you’re up to every day, but probably don’t want your boss to have that ability. With Allcal, you can let your boss put events directly on your calendar, without ever knowing you took off Friday for an impromptu golf game!
1. Get each member of the family to download the allcal app and create an account.
2. Tap on the Main Menu icon in the top left corner of the My Calendar screen.
3. Tap on Add calendar to create a calendar.
Allcal Hack: Any user/family member could either share their personal calendar or a separately created private calendar.
4. Enter all the information that you want to put into your calendar and tap Save to save the calendar.
6. Open the calendar by tapping on it.
5. Open the Private Calendar settings by tapping the Calendar Settings button (the three dots) across from the calendar name.
6. Tap on the Calendar Sharing section.
7. Enter the name or email of each desired family member to share the calendar. You can also invite friends, co-workers, or anyone who may need to put events on your calendar.
Allcal Hack: If a parent does not want a child to have control over their own calendar, the parent can remain the owner and transfer ownership to the child when they see fit.
You as the creator of the calendar can give family members appropriate permissions for the calendar.
Allcal Hack: Family members or business partners could be added to the calendar with different permissions, such as adding someone with no permissions. All that person would be able to view would be the times of events and the event would show up as “Busy”.
Each shared user will receive a notice asking if they want to accept the calendar share. By tapping YES, the calendar will immediately be visible on their My Calendars screen.
For more help managing your busy schedule or getting set up on allcal, visit our User Manual. You can also email us anytime at email@example.com.
Leave a Reply