So, you tried really hard. You were determined to make sure your New Year’s resolutions didn’t flop this year. You had it all planned out and you even spent money, time, and resources to make sure your New Year’s resolutions stuck this time around. Inevitably, like all the other resolutions, you failed. It was too much work, it required too much money, you had no time, the excuses go on and on – poor you. Instead of wasting your time feeling guilty, why not embrace your faults entirely? Here are some tips to help you kick your New Year’s resolutions to the curb and be happy with who you are.
1. Don’t Get Out of Bed. For an entire day, just lay around sleeping and only get up for the absolute bare necessities.
2. Stuff Your Face. Grab some of those tasty cheese-covered styrofoam snacks and go to town. What’s that? You don’t even like cheesy snacks? Well do it anyways!
3. Use Retail Therapy. You see that shiny new thing don’t you? What are you waiting for?! Go buy it! Now! Online! Ooh, free shipping!
4. Binge-Watch on Netflix. Wait, where are you going? To the gym? To your friend’s bridal shower? On a date? But why would you do that when there’s Netflix and every single episode of Friends!?
5. Workout Your Fingers. You need to start doing fitness the right way this year! Why would you want to go to a real gym when there’s Madden 15, FIFA 15, and NBA 2K15? Playing sports is a great way to work out, so playing video game sports must be an extra workout because you’re exercising your body and mind. Just go with it.
6. Go At Your Own Pace. You have 30 minutes. All you need to do is shower, iron your shirt, bleach your teeth, paint your nails, get dressed, and remove the nail polish because it doesn’t match your outfit… No problem right!? Wrong. You’ve been lying to yourself all this time about how long it actually takes to get places. Luckily Allcal shows ETA so you know exactly how far away you are from each event.
7. Steer Clear of the Closet. You know that really big mess in your closet? Leave it right there. Don’t touch, just let it do its thing and you’ll get back to it eventually.
8. Carry On. For those of you who decided to quit smoking and drinking this year, which is actually a huge improvement to your life, well… just carry on then. This isn’t actually a tip it’s sort of like a shout-out so… next tip!
9. Vacation At Home. You know those plans you had for that trip to that place? But why go there? It’s either expensive or not fun so just stay home and look at pictures of that place on Pinterest so you can tell people you went there.
10. Get Allcal. No matter how hard you try, you can’t remember what you were suppose to remember! Give up on trying to remember things and just get the free calendar app allcal. With allcal’s unique sharing feature, other people can make events and put them directly on your calendar. So it doesn’t matter if you’re an unorganized mess in 2015, because now you can let other people keep you on track.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to improve yourself but if you set unrealistic goals, you’ll find that it’s much harder to keep to your resolutions and you will inevitably fail. You must be easier on yourself. Set goals that are easy to keep. If your resolution was to lose weight, then instead of going on an extreme diet just cut out certain bad foods a bit at a time and gradually begin easy exercise routines.
Most importantly, you must be ready for when you slip up because you’re only human. You may make a mistake but you should get back up and try again. Don’t give up or admit defeat and just be happy with yourself. Either way, the important part is to enjoy life and be satisfied with who you are instead of who you want to be. Don’t worry, be happy!